Best practices for a Customer Service Center
Up the customer service should be the main intention of any customer service center as narrated by Mr Ron Kaufman. Main qualities could be to retain the customer relationship and not loose the customer.
Some of the processes that a customer service center should follow while embracing the main quality
- Have a system to register a customer request ( support ticket in technical terms). for eg: Rixyncs | CRM Support . Oflate you also have inbound call numbers that can be integrated to CRM and you could convert the call recording into a Support ticket. Support tickets could be registered in many ways – Inbound Call, support email, website form, customer portal, chatbot etc.,
- Internal assigned rules could be configured based on round robin, criteria based or manual assignment depending on the load of the issues being registered.
- An acknowledgement email/sms/whatsapp/chatbot etc., followed by a call stating the same and letting the customer know that his/her issue is registered and so and so person is assigned to it. If you could give a tentative date of closure that will be great
- Having a knowledge bank of solved issues to facilitate solving the issues faster by the support agents
- An escalation matrix well in advance, when issues are going beyond the due date of resolution
- Reports and dashboards to track these metrics
- Survey link to get the feedback of the customer post resolution. For eg., Happy, Neutral, Unhappy and a small remark so that the loop gets closed.
- Few customer service skills that an agent could embrace : Patience, Knowledge of the Product/Service, Attentiveness, Ability to Listen and communicate well internally & externally, Solution Oriented approach.